Access keys | Skip to primary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |
Problems viewing this site

Restricted liquor permit

A restricted liquor permit is issued for non-proprietary clubs that wish to trade for up to a maximum of 10 hours per week or 25 hours per week.

Trading hours are nominated by the club and endorsed on the permit. These hours are not transferable.

Permits can be issued for a minimum of three months and a maximum of six months. The cost of the permit depends on the number of months and the number of trading hours per week.

If you hold a restricted liquor permit, you may sell liquor for consumption on the premises to:

You must keep two registers:

To find out if your club is a non-proprietary club, check out the liquor definitions.

How to apply

Your completed application should include:

If the service or supply of liquor is provided only by volunteers, you must ensure that there is a person with current responsible service of alcohol training on the premises to supervise the volunteer staff.

The average processing time is eight weeks for a new restricted liquor permit.

Renewal of restricted liquor permits

A guide to renewing a restricted liquor permit has been developed to help you to apply for renewal of a restricted liquor permit. The guide is located at the end of the application form in Part C.

Download the application form  (PDF 645 K) for renewal of a restricted liquor permit.

Last reviewed 15 May 2013