Access keys | Skip to primary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |
Problems viewing this site

Liquor permits

Late applications

Applications that are lodged outside the following timeframes will not be accepted.

21 days prior to the event 28 days prior to the event 8 weeks prior to the event
  • community liquor permit
  • one-off extended hours permit
  • restricted liquor permit
  • temporary variations to licences for one-off events
  • commercial public event permit
  • one-off adult entertainment permit

Commercial public event permit

A commercial public event permit may be granted to the holder of a commercial hotel licence or commercial other licence for the purpose of catering for a public event away from the premises.

Community liquor permit

A community liquor permit is an authority issued for unlicensed non-proprietary organisations or clubs that wish to trade on one-off or irregular occasions.

Restricted liquor permit

A restricted liquor permit is issued for non-proprietary clubs that wish to trade for up to a maximum of 10 hours per week or 25 hours per week.

One-off extended trading hours

An extended hours permit is an authority that allows licensees and permit holders to extend current trading hours for a one-off occasion.

Wine permit

A wine permit can be issued to Queensland wine producer licence holders to allow the sale of licensee's wine for one-off events away from the licensed premises.

Adult entertainment permit

Licensees must apply for an adult entertainment permit (AEP) if they wish to conduct sexually explicit entertainment.

Last reviewed 27 May 2013